5 Things You Need To Know About Loving An Empath
Chances are, you may meet a few empaths in your life, or perhaps you're even an empath yourself. Empaths are extremely sensitive to energy and have a heightened awareness of the world around them. People who are deemed empaths are highly empathic meaning that they have the ability to understand and tune into the feelings and emotions of other people. An empath will be able to pick up on the emotions and energy of others even without anyone saying a word. They are aware of things that many other people are not, and they tend to experience the world through feeling. Their conscience is heightened as well, and they are very conscious and mindful of themselves and their actions. If you have someone who is an empath in your life and you're not as sensitive yourself, you may want to learn how you can understand them better. Or, if you're an empath yourself, you may want to understand more about yourself and learn that you're not alone and that there are other sensitive people out there too. The article from Power Of Positivity helps bring awareness to what it means to be an empath and what empaths need in relationships.
1. To begin with, empaths need to have relationships with people who are honest. Since empaths are highly sensitive and have a high level of awareness, they can feel things that many people can't. They can pick up on the things that aren't being said by feeling the energy and reading subtle cues and body language. So it's very important, to be honest and trustworthy with empaths and in all relationships. Honesty and trust is the foundation of any relationship.
2. Their hearts have been broken in the past. Empaths love to help people, but sometimes they lose themselves in helping someone that they care for. They can also be targets of abuse since abusers tend to take advantage of kindhearted people like empaths. So just know that an empath who has been hurt or abused before may have a hard time trusting right away.
3. Sometimes they will feel something very strongly, but they won't be able to explain it. So you may not always get a logical explanation from an empath, but they will pick up on the energy about something or someone and usually, they will be on point. They can be very accurate in what they pick up on, but they won't always know how they knew it. They will just feel it and know it to be right. If you've ever had a gut feeling about something or someone, you may be able to relate. You know you maybe couldn't explain it logically, but in your gut or heart, you knew. So trust and validate their perceptions, because what they are feeling and experiencing is very real to them.
4. Empaths feel deeply, so they like to live very passionately. They love spontaneity, and they see the world with love and inspiration. Many times, you'll find that empaths are artists, writers, dancers and musicians who live with a lot of passion and zest for life. They love nature, and usually getting out in nature is a great antidote for empaths to release some of their emotional energy. They can also be very introspective and introverted so they can need time alone to recharge their batteries.
5. Empaths are givers, and they love giving gifts, time and energy to their loved ones. So if you have an empath in our life, you will be treated very well. As in any balanced relationship, it's important to reciprocate and do the same as the other person does for you, in your own way. Always show your appreciation as well and tell them how much they mean to you.
Read up on more of the needs and qualities of empaths and raise your awareness.***
Learn MORE at Power Of Positivity
To help with slow website load, we have put all photos for this article here: View photo gallery.