Another Every Empath Will Try To Hide These 11 Things From You
Highly sensitive people tend to be very empathetic which means they understand and share the feelings of another person or being. Calling someone an empath has become a popular way to describe someone who almost instinctively tunes into the feelings and emotions of other people and has a keen awareness of subtle cues and energy. The truth is all people have the ability to be empathic, but some are just a bit more sensitive than others. When someone takes on other peopleís emotions and energy, it can end up being very troublesome for them which is why it's important to maintain healthy boundaries and take care of yourself properly. Having healthy empathy is a great way to connect with others, but you have to know how to be able to hold onto yourself while still extending that empathy to others, so it isn't a detriment to you. If you aren't highly empathetic but you know someone who is, you may wonder what it's like for them. This video from YouTube shares 11 things that highly empathic people will experience, but they may not always tell you. It's important to remember that empathy is a natural human trait and that while people experience it in varying degrees, we all have access to empathy unless there is a mental disorder that prevents one from having empathy at all.
1. Many very empathic people think that they have to be strong for the people around them. Some people like to be helpful to others, but they think that they will be an inconvenience to other people if they share their emotions. If you know someone who keeps their feelings under wraps, for this reason, let them know it's safe and important to share their feelings with those they trust and love.
2. Because of a higher awareness of people's energy and emotions they may take on the feelings and emotions of others if they haven't learned healthy boundaries. So if someone is having a bad day, they may feel down too.
3. Very empathic people will also value their alone time more than most other people. They may still enjoy going out, but they also know their limits and their boundaries so that they don't get too exhausted.
4. One of the things that can be very helpful to all people including those who are very empathic is being outside or surrounded by plants. It's been shown that spending just a short 20 minutes in the forest or around trees or even standing on the ground barefoot can help to boost your mood.
5. Highly sensitive people can also tell when people are lying and they pick up on subtle cues like body language and tone of voice.
6. You may find that if a very empathic person doesn't have good boundaries that they tend to overextend themselves to others. You can be helpful to them in telling them that it's okay to say No more often than they might be currently.
7. Since they are givers, very empathic people can sometimes attract toxic people who have no problem manipulating others.
8. When boundaries are not solid, a very empathic person will often feel super overwhelmed and stressed out. This is why it's so important to learn where you end and another person begins so as not to take on more than you need to.
If you know someone who is very empathic, this may help you understand where they are coming from. Maybe in reading this and listening to the video, you may find out that you're very empathic too and you may want to learn how to set healthy boundaries for yourself so you can be healthy and thrive.***
Learn MORE at Youtube
To help with slow website load, we have put all photos for this article here: View photo gallery.