DIY Pallet Wood Flooring, Cheap and Beautiful
If you are trying to give your home a fresh and natural look, creating a pallet wood floor is something you would want to consider. It will give your space a warm-looking atmosphere as well. You may think it the whole process is complicated, but the truth is, you just have to be patient and really passionate about it to make it happen. In the end, you will be very satisfied knowing that you have installed it yourself so a sense of fulfillment is something you would also feel.
Here are the materials that you need in having your own pallet wood flooring.
1. Different planks of wood with sizes ranging from 2 to 5 inches wide
2. Mineral spirits
3. Wood wax for the finishing touches
One of the things that you will love about it is the fact that you could bring out your creative side and make your own pattern. You could arrange the planks, however you want them arranged on your floor. Now here are the simple directions you would want to take a look at to finally add this in your home.
1. Place all the planks of wood that you have gathered according to this order. This is just an idea of the patterns that you could go for. You can always create your own.
a) One row of 2 inches
b) Four rows of 3 inches
c) One row of 4 inches
d) Four rows of 3 inches
e) One row of 5 inches
2. Once the planks are already in placed, put mineral spirit in each of the pallet.
3. You can wax it after the minerals have finally soaked and voila! You now have a new floor done all by yourself.
This is how easy it is to do it. Share this with your friends, so they too could experience the fun of building their own pallet wood floor.
Learn MORE at Goods Home Design