Top 10 Failed McDonald Products
The McDonald's Corporation or Mickey D's as fondly called by some of its consumers has been around for almost 75 years, serving over 65 million costumers in 119 countries. People of all ages are delighted to see the beloved Golden Arches when it comes to satisfying their fast food cravings. Primarily selling burgers, chicken and french fries, this fast food chain has not been afraid to venture into new dishes and menus. The menu basically changes coinciding with what country the branch is located in. We all have our favorite McDonald's item. Personally, I cannot get enough of the McChicken Nuggets and their french fries. But some McDonald's branches around the world have created and added products to their menus that haven't been too successful.
1. McGratin Croquette = I don't think fried macaroni, shrimp, mashed potatoes and cabbage should be combined in a burger. The Japanese, however, seem to enjoy it as they still offer this item seasonally.
2. Hulaburger = As a substitute to meat, the developer Ray Krok used pineapple as the burger patty. Not too tasty, I imagine.
3. McDLT = The humble beginnings of the Big N' Tasty. The concept of them providing the ingredients but you putting together the burger didn't quite take with most consumers.
4. Arch Deluxe = The failings on this one wasn't necessarily on the product, but more on the marketing. This "hamburger for adults" contains a whopping 9 ingredients.
5. McLobster = Let's face it, lobster should never be a fast food item.
6. McHotdog = Apparently no matter how hard franchisers and developers try to add a hotdog sandwich to their menu, it just doesn't seem to click. The burgers seem to be the star in this joint.
7. McPizza = Another item trying to beat out the burgers, the McPizza also didn't make the cut. This venture to be honest seems to ambitious and unnecessary.
8. McPasta = Ranging from lasagna, fettuccine alfredo, and spaghetti with meatballs, this pasta line didn't seem to fit in with the conventional McDonald's Menu. But maybe location should be factored in, I know for a fact that the Philippines still serve McSpaghetti and that this item is on high demand.
9. McAfrica = A little insensitive marketing a burger boasting of 2 beef patties, cheese, lettuce and tomatoes and then naming it after a country with widespread hunger. Epic fail Mickey D!
10. McLean Deluxe = Offering a fat-free burger and not making it taste worthwhile just doesn't make sense.
Visit the ListVerse website below to see pictures, videos and more information.
Learn MORE / Get RECIPE at List Verse
To help with slow website load, we have put all photos for this article here: View photo gallery.