What Does Your Smile Say About You?
“Sometimes your joy is the source of your smile, but sometimes your smile can be the source of your joy.” ― Thích Nhất Hạnh
Smiling is an expression of joy, happiness, pleasure, fun, and love. One single smile can mean the whole world to one person. However, not all smiles are genuine. You can tell a lot about a person just by how he or she smiles. Below is a list of 7 different styles and what these types of smiles might say about the bearer;
1. Drop-jaw = This type of smile is common among celebrities or famous people. The smile shows confidence and coolness. The people who usually smile this way have high self-esteem and have very high regard for themselves.
2. Turn-away = This smile shows playfulness and flirtation. People use this kind of smile to show how humorous and light-hearted they are. These people usually are easy to get along with and befriend.
3. Tight-lipped = This smile usually connotes secrets. If a person is smiling at you this way, it might present the person as mysterious and enigmatic. This person is usually guarded and does not trust easily.
4. Twisted = The way this smile appears is lopsided, one side moving up and the other moving down, and may be perceived as mixed emotions. The bearer of this smile can either be indecisive sometimes or sarcastic the other. It might not be easy to warm up to this person since they might be apprehensive as well.
5. Forced = This person might be very deep and emotional. Forcing a smile only means that you're hiding some deep pain or sadness, and may not easily trust other people.
6. Sneer = A sneer usually denotes disrespect and arrogance. Sneering gives the bearer an air of smugness and conceit. Believe me, people who often sneer are hard to get along with.
7. Genuine = Now this is the best type of smile. It's honest, sincere and candid. A person who always has a genuine smile is fun and happy. Being with them is easy and comfortable, and they are the best type of people to have around.
There you have it, the seven types of smiles and what they say about the person bearing the smile. But mind you, it's not right to label people based on their smiles. It's still always best to get to know a person before judging them and characterizing their personality. Also, be guided on your smile as well. Always remember to smile genuinely. You never know, you're smile can totally alter another persons mood for the entire day. Keep smiling!